Friday, September 11, 2009

Where to start?

SO, who's idea was this blog anyway? Well, it was my husbands. You see, I guess I have him fooled because he thinks I am the most entertaining, creative, and vivid story telling person he knows. He kept urging me to do this saying "everyone will want to read what you have to say," so here I am. I have so many different thoughts running through my head about what I want my first post to be about. Do I go into all the trials I've been through while waiting to have a family? What about all the mounds of paperwork we had to fill out while going through the adoption process? Oh, oh, I know....let's start with something fun....COUPONS!

I am addicted to coupons. Who would've thought? Seriously, only three months ago I thought I was doing good if I saved $20.00 or $30.00 at Kroger using my plus card. Now, I'm not satisfied until I spend less than $20.00 on $200.00 worth of products. I avidly search blog after blog finding the best deal. I want to know that when I paid for it, it was at it's rock bottom price. I've impressed some along the way. I've made some mad along the way. But at the end of the day it's saving the hubby and I lots of money, so I wouldn't have it any other way! I've been going back and forth in my head about offering a coupon "workshop" and then giving direct links to the blogs I use, but then will people know my secret and do better than me? Will they show me up in their ability to save? Do I secretly love that I have this power that other people want? Um...well, yeah....I've always loved to have the power. The power of being the oldest, the power of knowing how to run my office, the power of being the one who knows exactly what we spend on stuff (sorry, babe.) I love the power!! BUT, and that's a big but, I love to share too. So with that, I'm going to put aside my love of power to find out what I need to do to reserve a room at Ridgeway Baptist to teach a savings class....I mean seriously, who can't benefit from some money saved?

No comments:

Post a Comment